HELICAL CT SCAN ENDOSCOPY ULTRASOUND Digital XRAY Digital DENTAL Xrays Computer Radiography
PET IMAGING CENTRE (PICs) / CCVC (02) 43 29 0500
PICs CCVC 6 Brooks Avenue, Wyoming, NSW 2250, AUSTRALIA
PICS - Imaging the way to your pet's heart
Please consider Pet Insurance while your pet is healthy & phone for advice on your options.
CT scans are performed on dogs, cats & rabbits each week at PICs. Vet radiologists, ct specialists and human radiographers have helped us offer the first CT scanning for pets on the Central Coast since it's purchase in 2012.
LOTS of RECENT EXAMPLE CASES on our FACEBOOK PAGE
and under the tab INTERESTING CASES
CT scanning and use of contrast to enhance structures of the body assist in cancer diagnosis and treatment monitoring.
Examples of conditions that can be investigated by CT are listed below.
- Coughing, throat & chest conditions (including cancer spread to the chest)
- Sneezing, nasal discharge and sinus investigation
- Ear problems, infection, polyps and growths, head tilt middle ear
- Foreign body searches and grass seeds
- Lameness in particular elbow problems
- Hips on <1yr old dogs considering surgical intervention in Hip Dysplasia
- Hips and pelvis on older dogs for hip replacement planning
- Spinal problems
- Trauma and Hit By Car patients (Emergency cases)
- Incontinence (also search for ectopic ureters)
- Adrenal size (Cushings Disease)
- Pituitary Gland & Brain Tumors
- Abdominal organ/ lymph node/ mass investigation
- Kidney, Liver, Spleen, Pancreas and Prostate investigation
- Fractures and surgical planning
Allowing clear assessment of the
fine bones of the DOG's LARYNX
Head CT - fine bone Reconstruction Algorithm
An example of
our CT images
showing very clearly
nasal cavity and nasal